Thursday, July 11, 2013

DOCUMENTING THE MONTH - VERY COOL SU!

I took this right from the SU! blog.  When I saw this I had to share because I love scrapbooking and smash-booking.  I'm working on completing the This 'n That type book I did over my vacation in the Outer Banks.  I'll share that soon.  In the mean time, please take a look at this SU! entry.  The entry below is a combination of MDS (My Digital Studio) and handcrafting with SU! paper crafts.

Documenting June


I love summer, and almost as much as I love summer . . . I love documenting summer! The photos are so bright and happy and are so much fun to play around with!


I am finally starting to feel like I am getting a groove going with my pages. I am laying out all my photos together in My Digital Studio to get a feel for what photos I want to use and where I am going to add journaling and filler cards. It has made the process so much less complicated for me.


Here is a little look at my process. Once I figure out which photos I am going to use and what sizes, I print them off.  Then I get to work on adding the fun stuff.


This month I played around a little with using a digital cutter. Oh, how I love being able to cut out some of my favorite My Digital Studio stamps! I love, love, love the Hello stamp I used for my “Hello summer” card. The stamp comes from the Celebrate Any Day Designer Kit and it comes free with a My Digital Studio purchase.  I still can’t believe that you can get all that My Digital Studio goodness for only $19.95!


My favorite downloads this month were the Hooray for Today Digital Stamp Brush Set and the Be Brave Designer Kit.


The ampersand comes from the Inspired Elements Stamp Brush Set. I love all of those ampersands so much . . . I just might have to add one every month from here on out.
Hope this gives you a little inspiration for documenting your summer!

Arika B.
Concept Artist

No comments:

Post a Comment